There are a lot of debates and questions about the latest trend that seems to have taken over the part of the population trying to stick to a healthy lifestyle – flavour infused water. But as much as there are people in cafes, in the gym, in the office and practically everywhere enjoying the heavenly taste of infused water, there are as much people left on the sidelines wondering what’s the catch with this new trend. As a matter of fact, it is no longer a trend, but a part of the much needed healthy lifestyle that tastes much better than any artificially sweetened tea or juice.
Craving a healthier, leaner and much more positive you? The perfect timing and place to start with the transformation. Let’s begin with the basics – infused water! Change your life in a positive direction by adopting this trend making it your daily routine. Let’s see how you can trick yourself into consuming more water than you usually do.
- Drink a glass of water before every meal. This will fill your stomach up with water and keep you more hydrated, thus leaving less room for food. This is a great trick which beside keeping you hydrated, can help you lose more weight as well.
- Experiment with recipes. There are many ways that you can infuse and improve the way your water tastes. You can use a variety of herbs, fruits, vegetables or some natural water enhancer. When it comes to tastes, the sky is the limit, so feel free to try out different flavours so you don’t get bored by using the same one over and over again. There is a variety of natural water enhancer tastes you can choose from – lemon, peach mango, raspberry, strawberry, etc. You’ll drink more water without even realizing it.
- Have a glass of infused water as soon as you wake up in the morning. You can either grab one after you’ve washed your teeth, or keep it by your bed. This is a very healthy and beneficial routine as when you wake up in the morning your body is dehydrated and is starving as you slept for probably about 7-8 hours without any liquid or food intake.
- Keep your infused water always prepared. If you have a favourite bottle or a pitcher that you like to keep your water in, make sure to refill it as soon as you finish with the last drop. That way you will always have tasty water to drink every time you open the fridge, thus, have no reason to make excuses.
- Treat yourself with a cute bottle to take it with you while on the go. One in your favourite colour or with a motivational quote will do you a huge favour and inspire you to drink up and take better care of your well-being.